ambari-dev mailing list archives

From jun aoki <ja...@apache.org>
Subject test-patch job available for Ambari project
Date Fri, 03 Oct 2014 02:50:55 GMT
Hi Ambari team,

The test-patch job that I have been working now started working.
(my ticket https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMBARI-7209)

The test-patch Jenkins job location is here
https://builds.apache.org/view/A-D/view/Ambari/job/Ambari-trunk-test-patch/

What does it do for you (your ticket)?
The job takes a patch file from your Patch Available jira tickets, apply it
on the latest trunk, run tests and report back to your Jira ticket.
Example report here
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMBARI-7617

What's good then?
What the report tells you if your patch
  1. is compatible with the latest trunk
  2. passes all unit tests with the latest trunk
  3. and a few good stuff ( like ASF license checks, etc)
*before* your patch goes into trunk.

This is a gate keeper to keep our trunk stable and clean!

Please note;
Currently patch files that are created by 'git diff trunk... > a.patch'
command are only accepted by the test-patch job. It is being reviewed at
the dev process proposal https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMBARI-7476

--
-jun