ambari-dev mailing list archives

From jun aoki <ja...@apache.org>
Subject Re: PROPOSAL: Ambari dev process.
Date Wed, 01 Oct 2014 22:17:05 GMT
I have added another comment to the process proposal doc regarding how to
make a patch
https://docs.google.com/a/pivotal.io/document/d/1hz7qjGKkNeckMibEs67ZmAa2kxjie0zkG6H_IiC2RgA/edit

There are 2 major ways to make a patch with git.
1. git diff trunk... > a.patch  # --> git apply a.patch
2. git format-patch > a.patch # --> patch -p0 < a.patch.

I prefer 1) because the git command does all, and proposed it in the doc.
Please let me know your feedback on the doc. If you are OK with it.

)

> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

-jun