ambari-dev mailing list archives

From Jonathan Hurley <jhur...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Merging of branch-alerts-dev into trunk
Date Thu, 02 Oct 2014 19:15:26 GMT
With the upcoming branch to 1.7.0, we plan to merge “branch-alerts-dev” into trunk after
"branch-1.7.0" has been created. This branch contains the work for AMBARI-6354 which consists
of the new alerts framework. The expected release according to the Ambari Roadmap is Ambari
2.0.0, so this code will not be a part of Ambari 1.7.0.

"branch-alerts-dev" has been kept up-to-date with trunk through daily merges, so we anticipate
very little conflict going in. If there are other branches that are being considered for merging
into trunk post 1.7.0, I think that we would need to coordinate the order of merging. In general,
I would like “branch-alerts-dev” to merge first.

Please raise any questions or concerns about this merge through dev@ambari.apache.org. If
“branch-1.7.0” is being cut on Friday at 2PM PDT, I am proposing merging in “branch-alerts-dev”
on Monday at 2PM PDT.

Thanks,

- Jonathan
--