ambari-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Nettleton <rnettle...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Issues with "os_family.json" file while debugging with Ambari trunk
Date Mon, 27 Oct 2014 15:40:33 GMT
Hi Nate,

Thanks for the reply.

I modified my ambari.properties file as you recommended, and it does seem to resolve this
particular problem.

I then run into some classloading issues at startup, including the error below.

Have there been any major dependency changes in ambari-server recently?

Thanks,
Bob

Exception in thread "main" com.google.inject.CreationException: Guice creation errors:

1) Error injecting constructor, java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/mail/MessagingException
  at org.apache.ambari.server.notifications.DispatchFactory.<init>(DispatchFactory.java:46)
  at org.apache.ambari.server.notifications.DispatchFactory.class(DispatchFactory.java:39)
  while locating org.apache.ambari.server.notifications.DispatchFactory
    for field at org.apache.ambari.server.state.services.AlertNoticeDispatchService.m_dispatchFactory(AlertNoticeDispatchService.java:74)
  at org.apache.ambari.server.controller.ControllerModule.bindServices(ControllerModule.java:334)

1 error
	at com.google.inject.internal.Errors.throwCreationExceptionIfErrorsExist(Errors.java:435)
	at com.google.inject.internal.InternalInjectorCreator.injectDynamically(InternalInjectorCreator.java:175)
	at com.google.inject.internal.InternalInjectorCreator.build(InternalInjectorCreator.java:109)
	at com.google.inject.Guice.createInjector(Guice.java:95)
	at com.google.inject.Guice.createInjector(Guice.java:72)
	at com.google.inject.Guice.createInjector(Guice.java:62)
	at org.apache.ambari.server.controller.AmbariServer.main(AmbariServer.java:665)
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/mail/MessagingException
	at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredConstructors(Class.java:2532)
	at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredConstructors(Class.java:1901)
	at com.google.inject.spi.InjectionPoint.forConstructorOf(InjectionPoint.java:243)
	at com.google.inject.internal.ConstructorBindingImpl.create(ConstructorBindingImpl.java:96)
	at com.google.inject.internal.InjectorImpl.createUninitializedBinding(InjectorImpl.java:629)
	at com.google.inject.internal.InjectorImpl.createJustInTimeBinding(InjectorImpl.java:845)
	at com.google.inject.internal.InjectorImpl.createJustInTimeBindingRecursive(InjectorImpl.java:772)
	at com.google.inject.internal.InjectorImpl.getJustInTimeBinding(InjectorImpl.java:256)
	at com.google.inject.internal.InjectorImpl.getBindingOrThrow(InjectorImpl.java:205)
	at com.google.inject.internal.InjectorImpl.getInternalFactory(InjectorImpl.java:853)
	at com.google.inject.internal.InjectorImpl.getProviderOrThrow(InjectorImpl.java:967)

On Oct 27, 2014, at 7:45 AM, Nate Cole <ncole@hortonworks.com> wrote:

> You need to specify where to find os_family.json by setting the following property in
your ambari.properties file:

> shared.resources.dir=$SRC_HOME/ambari-common/src/main/python/ambari_commons/resources
>

> Thanks
>
> On Oct 26, 2014, at 3:00 PM, Robert Nettleton <rnettleton@hortonworks.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I’ve run into a problem with Ambari startup when debugging my patches, and was
wondering if anyone else has seen this.

>> Typically, since the Ambari RPM builds take so long, I usually use maven to build
the ambari-server jar (since my work has resided only in that jar so far), setup Ambari trunk
in a Centos VM, and then copied over my ambari-server.jar changes before debugging.  This
tends to be the fastest way to test/debug, and I’ve never run into an issue with this approach
before.

>> Since yesterday, this approach no longer appears to work.  If I install Ambari from
the trunk yum repository, and then update the ambari-server.jar, the ambari-server startup
fails, with the error that I’ve included below.

>> It looks like there is some kind of new check on an “os_family.json” file, and
this keeps the Ambari server from starting up.

>> Is anyone else seeing this?
>>
>> If so, is there a workaround for this problem?  Other than building the ambari jars
with maven, are there other build steps I can run manually to workaround this issue?

>> I would imagine that the RPM builds handle this somehow, but this is generally not
practical for most development purposes.

>> I’d appreciate any pointers anyone has to work around this.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Bob
>>
>> Here’s the error I’m seeing at startup:
>>
>> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not load OS family definition
from %s file
>> 	at org.apache.ambari.server.state.stack.OsFamily.init(OsFamily.java:80)
>> 	at org.apache.ambari.server.state.stack.OsFamily.<init>(OsFamily.java:57)
>> 	at org.apache.ambari.server.controller.ControllerModule.<init>(ControllerModule.java:137)
>> 	at org.apache.ambari.server.controller.AmbariServer.main(AmbariServer.java:649)
>> --
>> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
>

> --
> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE