ambari-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Hill <greg.h...@RACKSPACE.COM>
Subject are there any public discussions about the direction of Ambari?
Date Fri, 22 Aug 2014 16:25:18 GMT
I see a lot of work going on.  I was surprised to see the 'roles' bit was removed (is that
being replaced with something else to handle access control?).  It seems like a lot of the
devs are on the same page about the direction of the project, yet I see no evidence of any
public discussion about it.  There's nothing on the mailing lists, the IRC channel is always
quiet.  Is all of this just decided at internal meetings at Hortonworks or is there some other
place I could be checking?  Any chance of opening up the process so us outsiders can see what's
coming before it just lands on us?

Greg