ambari-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Hill <greg.h...@RACKSPACE.COM>
Subject getting a NullPointerException on cluster create in trunk
Date Wed, 20 Aug 2014 19:32:32 GMT
I started working on the ambari client again, so I wanted to make sure what I had written before
still worked on trunk.  Sadly, creating a server is giving me a 500 error with no details.
 I had to dig into the server logs to see what went wrong.  Looks like a NullPointerException.
 I've included the script I'm using and the stack trace from the server log.

https://gist.github.com/jimbobhickville/9b95bbedc4f3380ffa11

Based on the stack trace, it looks like I'm missing some required configuration, but I don't
know what.  Was some additional configuration required recently?  I'm only passing in:

{
            "nagios-env" : {
                "nagios_contact" : "greg.hill@rackspace.com"
            }
        }

As that was all that was required previously.

Greg