ambari-dev mailing list archives

From Alejandro Fernandez <afernan...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Updates to Wiki
Date Tue, 08 Jul 2014 21:26:47 GMT
Hi all,

I recently went through the process of setting up my development
environment and would like to propose the following changes to the wiki.

Page: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AMBARI/Quick+Start+Guide
Under the "Testing Ambari" section, the first step should be to run
"vagrant init"

The link to the trunk ambari repo has moved forward from
http://s3.amazonaws.com/dev.hortonworks.com/ambari/centos6/1.x/updates/1.6.1.dev/ambari.repo
http://s3.amazonaws.com/dev.hortonworks.com/ambari/centos6/1.x/updates/1.7.0.trunk/ambari.repo
<http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Fs3.amazonaws.com%2Fdev.hortonworks.com%2Fambari%2Fcentos6%2F1.x%2Fupdates%2F1.6.1.dev%2Fambari.repo&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNE4XPdQGD-IETCcuzGkeH2gvhAuVw>

Page: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AMBARI/Ambari+Development
Under the "Tools needed to build Ambari" section, there should be a couple
of more prereqs:
* xCode should be the first item if using Mac OS X (get it through the
apple store)

Tip: In order to persist your changes to the JAVA_HOME environment variable
and add Maven to your path, create the following files,
~/.profile

> source ~/.bashrc

~/.bashrc

> export PATH=/usr/local/apache-maven-3.0.5/bin:$PATH

export JAVA_HOME=$(/usr/libexec/java_home)

Yusaku had posted a comment that needs to be propagated to the wiki,

>    1. cd $AMBARI_DIR/ambari-web
>    2. rm -rf node_modules
>    3. npm install
>    4. brunch build
>
> Without that, I would get compilation errors.

A much simpler build command is
mvn clean package -DskipTests

--
[image: Hortonworks, Inc.] <http://hortonworks.com/> *Alejandro Fernandez