ambari-dev mailing list archives

From ÐΞ€ρ@Ҝ (๏̯͡๏) <deepuj...@gmail.com>
Subject Ambari with Druid
Date Wed, 04 Jun 2014 16:21:07 GMT
Hello
I really like the way ambari can be used to setup cluster effortlessly. I
would like to use this benefits

1. Druid is a distributed columnar store (druid.io)
2. Druid has several node types like, historical, realtime, broker and
coordinator.
3. Each of these can be started by unpacking a tar and start the java class
with Java 1.7. Its that simple.
4. Now i would like to use ambari to install druid on these various nodes,
just like we install hadoop on various nodes and then assign various
service to each of them.

How easy or difficult is to remove hadoop* out of ambari and replace it
with druid* or any other installation?

What do you think ? Can ambari be made that generic ?

1. Ambari allows you to install hadoop on a bunch of nodes and provide
monitoring like (service, cpu, disk, io)
2. Can ambari be made hadoop agnostic ? or generic enough that any cluster
could be installed with it ?
--
Deepak