ambari-dev mailing list archives

From Gordon Hamilton <gordon.hamil...@wandisco.com>
Subject Re: Switch between existing configurations through API
Date Mon, 28 Apr 2014 18:13:38 GMT
Hi Srimanth,

Thanks for confirming it's an issue for me.

I'm using the work-around you mentioned, and have raised a ticket: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMBARI-5599

Regards,
Gordon

On 28 Apr 2014, at 18:31, Srimanth Gunturi <srimanth@hortonworks.com> wrote:

> Hi Gordon,
> This looks like a regression - the call you have made looks valid for
> reverting back to old configuration.
> Please create a JIRA at https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMBARI/ and
> provide us its number.
>
> The only workaround seems to be duplicating 'version1's configs into a new
> tag, and setting desired_configs at same time.
> Regards,
> Srimanth
>

> On Thu, Apr 24, 2014 at 7:12 AM, Gordon Hamilton <open.gordy@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> I'm trying to figure out how to change between configurations in 1.5.x
>> version of ambari API.
>>
>> In 1.4.x I could use the following to revert to version 1 of hdfs-site
>> config:
>>
>> *curl -u <user>:<password> -X PUT -H "X-Requested-By: ml"
>> http://<address>:8080/api/v1/cluster/AMCluster1 -d
>> '{"Clusters":{"desired_config":{"type":"hdfs-site","tag":"version1"}}}'*
>>
>> The API doc here:
>>
>> https://github.com/apache/ambari/blob/trunk/ambari-server/docs/api/v1/configuration.mdappears
>> to describe the same usage.
>>
>> However, this now gets a 500 response:
>> *{*
>> *  "status" : 500,*
>> *  "message" : "org.apache.ambari.server.controller.spi.SystemException: An
>> internal system exception occurred: Configuration with tag 'version1'
>> exists for 'hdfs-site'"*
>> *}*
>>
>> Is there a different call that I should use switch between existing
>> configurations?
>>
>> Many thanks in advance for any help.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Gordon
>>

> --
> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Gordon Hamilton I Big Data Developer

WANdisco // Non-Stop Data

e. gordon.hamilton@wandisco.com

--

Join us in New York and San Francisco for Subversion & Git Live 2014<http://www.wandisco.com/subversion-git-live-2014>

Listed on the London Stock Exchange: WAND<http://www.bloomberg.com/quote/WAND:LN>

THIS MESSAGE AND ANY ATTACHMENTS ARE CONFIDENTIAL, PROPRIETARY, AND MAY BE
PRIVILEGED.  If this message was misdirected, WANdisco, Inc. and its
subsidiaries, ("WANdisco") does not waive any confidentiality or privilege.
 If you are not the intended recipient, please notify us immediately and
destroy the message without disclosing its contents to anyone.  Any
distribution, use or copying of this e-mail or the information it contains
by other than an intended recipient is unauthorized.  The views and
opinions expressed in this e-mail message are the author's own and may not
reflect the views and opinions of WANdisco, unless the author is authorized
by WANdisco to express such views or opinions on its behalf.  All email
sent to or from this address is subject to electronic storage and review by
WANdisco.  Although WANdisco operates anti-virus programs, it does not
accept responsibility for any damage whatsoever caused by viruses being
passed.