ambari-dev mailing list archives

From Sumit Mohanty <smoha...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Console Service Status Indicators
Date Thu, 06 Feb 2014 15:53:53 GMT
For every host component (e.g. NAMENODE on a host) there is a flag
""stale_configs" : false," that indicates if the applied config for that
component is not of the same version as the applied config at the
cluster/host level.

E.g.
http://c6401.ambari.apache.org:8080/api/v1/clusters/c1/hosts/c6402.ambari.apache.org/host_components/NAMENODE

{
  "href" : "http://c6401.ambari.apache.org:8080/api/v1/clusters/c1/hosts/c6402.ambari.apache.org/host_components/NAMENODE",
  "HostRoles" : {
    "cluster_name" : "c1",
    "component_name" : "NAMENODE",
    "stale_configs" : false,

The service level indicator is really because some component belonging
to the service needs restart.

It will be interesting to find out why Add Host results in stale configs.

-Sumit

On Thu, Feb 6, 2014 at 7:36 AM, Jon Maron <jmaron@hortonworks.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
>   I'm coding and testing the interactions from savanna to Ambari (via
> REST) for deploying HDP 2.0.6 to a VM cluster and subsequently adding
> additional hosts to the cluster.  After I go through the sequence of REST
> invocations to add a host, everything appears to be working, all status
> indicators are green, and all service checks pass, but I see icons that
> indicate that HDFS, YARN, and Mapreduce2 should be restarted?  Is this
> really necessary?  If so, is there a way for me to query via the REST APIs
> for those components that should be restarted?  If it is not true, is there
> a REST resource I can access to clear those indicators from the console
> after the sequence of calls for adding hosts are completed successfully?
>

> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE