ambari-dev mailing list archives

From Jon Maron <jma...@hortonworks.com>
Subject ambari-server setup -J option
Date Tue, 03 Dec 2013 19:45:18 GMT
Hi,

  As part of the savanna install of an ambari server I've added code to point to an already
installed JDK location:

2013-12-03 05:41:46.557 18771 DEBUG savanna.utils.remote [-] [dc1-master-001] Executing "ambari-server
setup -s -j /opt/jdk1.6.0_31 > /dev/null 2>&1" _log_command /root/dev/savanna/savanna/utils/remote.py:384

  The interesting thing I've discovered is that if the JDK does not exist in that location
the JDK is retrieved and installed in that location by ambari.  I can't find any documentation
indicating that behavior. Is it valid for me to assume this is expected behavior that will
continue to be supported?

-- Jon

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE