ambari-dev mailing list archives

From Srimanth Gunturi <srima...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Obtaining hadoop lib dir location
Date Wed, 04 Sep 2013 17:07:06 GMT
Hi Jon,
Ambari supports installation/management of various Hadoop stacks.
Hadoop stacks are packaged as RPMs and installed wherever the RPM wants to.
Ambari does not provide/customize this location.

Your best way to find out the location of where a stack and its services
are installed, is to look at the RPMs involved for that stack.
You can find the stack/stack-version installed by calling
http://server:8080/api/v1/clusters and look at 'version' field.
You can find the stacks/stack-versions supported by an Ambari instance by
calling http://server:8080/api/v1/stacks2 .
Hope that helps.
Regards,
Srimanth

On Wed, Sep 4, 2013 at 8:21 AM, Jon Maron <jmaron@hortonworks.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
>   I have a need to programmatically add a jar to the hadoop lib directory
> prior to the start of the hadoop services on the cluster hosts (In other
> words, prior to invoking the REST URI to transition the cluster services to
> START).  I am trying to figure out whether there is a REST query I can
> execute to obtain a property value that would tell me where that lib
> directory is located or would allow me to infer the location.  Any thoughts?
>
> -- Jon
>

> --
> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE