ambari-dev mailing list archives

From Billie Rinaldi <billie.rina...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Adding Accumulo to Ambari
Date Wed, 19 Jun 2013 00:39:45 GMT
On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 5:10 PM, Andres Danter <adanter@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Billie,
>
> Thanks for that response.  Now I understand and feel much better about the
> process.
>
> One more question.  Under ambari-server/src/main/resources/stacks/ I see
> HDP and HDPLocal, which both contain directories for each Ambari version.
> Do I add the ACCUMULO directory under both of those subtrees or just one in
> particular?

I found information about HDPLocal vs. HDP here:
http://incubator.apache.org/ambari/1.2.3/installing-hadoop-using-ambari/content/ambari-chap1-6.html

HDPLocal is what you use if you aren't connected to the internet when you
install, so it seems like you'd want both.

> e.g.  stacks/HDP/<version>/services/ACCUMULO
>           &/or
>         stacks/HDPLocal/<version>/services/ACCUMULO
>
> Ok, I lied.  I have an additional question that I just thought of.  In my
> proposal I said I was going to work with Ambari 1.2.2, but I don't see that
> directory under HDP or HDPLocal.  Should I just do the work under 1.3.0?

I think 1.3.0 would be the right one since it corresponds to the current
trunk.  (Anyone feel free to chime in if this is incorrect.)

Billie