ambari-dev mailing list archives

From Yusaku Sako <yus...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: "ambari-server setup" exit with error on Amazon with "Amazon Linux AMI 2013.03"
Date Sat, 11 May 2013 19:57:07 GMT
Max,

Seems like iptables is not a recognized service on your machine; you
probably don't have /etc/init.d/iptables.
On RHEL/CentOS, it should be there by default.
What does "cat /etc/issue" show on your machine?
I was able to repro by doing "mv /etc/init.d/iptables
/etc/init.d/iptables2" and running "ambari-server setup" on my dev CentOS
6.3 machine.

If you want to proceed for now, you can just comment out the iptables check
in /usr/sbin/ambari-server.py (and don't forget to turn off iptables via
the command line).
Also, if you want to file a JIRA and submit a patch for making the setup
code when iptables is not a recognized service, that would be great.

Yusaku