ambari-dev mailing list archives

From Sandeep Baldawa <sandeepbald...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Ambari Development Environment Issues/Workarounds
Date Sun, 07 Apr 2013 07:40:30 GMT
Also Adding a step which I missed to document previously

Environment:- Install Rhel 64 bit(2.6.32)
*
*
*Install Pre-requisite Software*
1. Check if Python is installed :- "python -v"
2. Install maven:- yum install mvn
3. Install OpenJDK for development:-
https://access.redhat.com/knowledge/docs/en-US/JBoss_Enterprise_SOA_Platform/4.3/html/Getting_Started_Guide/appe-install_jdk_rhel.html
4. sh setuptools-0.6c11-py2.6.eggyum install rpm-build
5. yum install gcc-c++
6. Install NodeJs and nm :- Download latest tar from nodejs.org and add in
~/.bashrc
7. npm install @brunch
8. yum install git

9. In /home/ambari-server do a "git clone git://git.apache.org/ambari.git"
Issue:- mvn -X -B -e clean install package rpm:rpm -DskipTests
-Dpython.ver="python
>= 2.6" => Throws a bunch of errors. Maybe tests are not building correctly.
Workaround:-Run mvn -X -B -e clean install package rpm:rpm  => Works fine

10.  yum install ambari-server/target/rpm/
ambari-server/RPMS/noarch/ambari-server-1.3.0-SNAPSHOT20130406201746.noarch.rpm

Issue:- postgresql is not being installed or maybe not being installed
correctly, "service postgresql status" returns unrecognised service
Workaround:- Manually install postgresql using the following commands
11. yum list post*
12. yum install postgresql84.x86_64
13. yum install postgresql84-server.x86_64
14. service postgresql initdb
15. service postgresql start

Issue:- Running  "ambari-server setup" and then then "ambari-server start"
gives error i.e.(the one I posted in a previous email to the dev group)
that ambari-server user does not exist.
Workaround:- Create new user "ambari-server"

16.  ambari-server setup
17.  ambari-server start
18.  tail -f /var/log/ambari-server/ambari-server.log
19.  Check the below link if it works correctly
 http://localhost.localdomain:8080/<http://localhost.localdomain:8080/#/installer/step1>

Thanks,
Sandeep