ambari-dev mailing list archives

From Vikram Dixit <vik...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache Ambari 0.9-incubating RC0
Date Tue, 10 Jul 2012 02:15:17 GMT
Hi All,

In view of the feedback, I am canceling this vote. I am rolling out a new release candidate
RC1 and will send out an email about the same shortly.

Thanks
Vikram.

On Jul 9, 2012, at 2:52 PM, Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli wrote:

> Checked the signatures, look good.
>
> LICENSE, README, NOTICE all look fine.
>
> One issue with license headers. Ran RAT:
> - java -jar ~/Workspace/eclipse-workspace/apache-rat-0.8/apache-rat-0.8.jar -d hmc/ -E
./rat-excludes.txt
> - java -jar ~/Workspace/eclipse-workspace/apache-rat-0.8/apache-rat-0.8.jar -d docs/
-E ./rat-excludes.txt

> Found these warning, we need to fix them:
> - docs/src/site/apt/install.apt
> - Add the following to exclude list:
>   --  hmc/puppet/modules/hdp-dashboard/templates/cluster_configuration.json.erb
>   --  hmc/puppet/modules/hdp-hadoop/templates/slaves.erb
>   --  hmc/puppet/modules/hdp-zookeeper/templates/configuration.xsl.erb
>
> Thanks,
> +Vinod
>
> On Jul 4, 2012, at 3:15 PM, Vikram Dixit wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I have created a ambari-0.9-incubating-rc0 release candidate. This work is a complete
re-write of the earlier code and warranted a big jump in the version number. Also, we are
close enough to a 1.0 and should be able to make a 1.0 release soon. However, given that the
current trunk is very usable and supports a number of features, we have the 0.9 as a stable
playing ground before 1.0. The following artifacts up for a vote: