ambari-dev mailing list archives

From "Vitthal \"Suhas\" Gogate" <gog...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Hadoop Management and Monitoring code - Branch ambari-0.1
Date Tue, 08 May 2012 20:49:43 GMT
Hello Ambari Developers!

The development on the Ambari trunk has stalled for last couple months. I
and some of my colleagues at Hortonworks are working on a solution that
provides a UI based installation and monitoring application for the Hadoop
stack. I have contributed it to the Ambari project and in a new development
branch (named ambari-0.1).

Here are some highlights of this solution,

1. This solution provides the GUI frontend that would help users install,
manage and monitor the Hadoop cluster.
2. The solution uses CSS, Javascript, and HTML on client side. We use the
existing proven open source technologies in the backend e.g. PHP for
coding, Puppet for deploying and configuring the Hadoop services, Nagios &
Ganglia for monitoring alerts and metrics graphs respectively.
3. This solution is compatible with installing Bigtop RPMs
4. When the code is well tested, I'll call a vote to replace trunk with the
development branch.

I would like to offer my sincere thanks to folks who actively contributed
the code to this project over last few months, Hitesh Shah, Varun Kapoor,
Mahadev Konar, Jitendra Pandey, Ramya Sunil, Vinod Vavilapalli, Vikram
Dixit, Giridharan Kesavan & Devaraj Das

Note: The code in this branch is still work in progress and actively tested
by QA team. It should be in a good working state over next couple weeks. We
are actively working on it and will be adding subsequent changes through
Apache Jira process. The detailed build instructions will be provided soon.
Also any proprietary references to HortonWorks will be removed before we
make the first release.

So stay tuned.

-- Suhas