ambari-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Yang <eric...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Ambari Assistance
Date Mon, 14 Nov 2011 16:58:47 GMT
Hi Ahmed,

Ambari agent communicates with Ambari controller to receive unix command instructions and
execute them.
For Agent, run the following command:

cd agent
mvn clean package -P rpm

Then go into agent/target directory and install agent rpm.

To start the agent:

ambari-agent

Ambari controller is the central command server for keeping states of the cluster.
For the controller, run maven package on the top level:

mvn clean package

To start controller:

tar fxvz ambari-controller-*.tar.gz
cd ambari-controller-*
./bin/ambari controller

Ambari client is a command line interface for interacting with Ambari controller.
For ambari client:

tar fxvz ambari-client-*.tar.gz
cd ambar-client-*
./bin/ambari client