allura-users mailing list archives

From Dave Brondsema <d...@brondsema.net>
Subject Re: How to delete projects and users?
Date Mon, 10 Nov 2014 21:27:07 GMT
On 11/10/14 12:44 PM, Daniele Niero wrote:
> Hi Dave,
>
> Thank for the help.
>
> I haven't tried to remove them from the Mongo DB yet, I will do it soon. That
> means there isn't a simple way to remove a project through the interface, am I
> correct?

Right, you can do a "soft" delete but that just hides it.

> however, about removing the users from /nf/admin, it seems I can find any, most
> probably the search doesn't work. Solr problem?

Yeah I think the users aren't indexed in Solr initially.  We should fix that in
our setup instructions.  What you can do is go to /nf/admin/task_manager/new and
put "allura.scripts.reindex_users.ReindexUsers" in the Task Name and run that.
That should index everyone and make them searchable.

> You can see it yourself  http://allura.danieleniero.it/nf/admin
>
> I'm using this complete open installation to learn more about Allura.
> I really love the software, but it seems still in a very early stage isn't it?

It actually has been used a lot, but not very broadly.  So I mean there is a lot
of functionality, it'll scale well, it can handle most user input without
errors, etc.  But not many people have deployed it so the getting started
instructions and configuration process is still a bit rough.

> Anyway I will have a tons of questions in the next days because I really want it
> up and running. I hope I won't annoying you guys too much with silly questions:

Please send them!   It'll help us smooth out the process for getting Allura up
and running.