allura-users mailing list archives

From Dave Brondsema <d...@brondsema.net>
Subject Re: using (not developing) allura?
Date Fri, 25 Oct 2013 16:04:56 GMT
On 10/24/13 12:01 PM, Chris Curvey wrote:
> Hi all,
>

> I’m evaluating options to replace Trac+SVN with Something+Git, and Allura looks
> really neat.    I’ve gotten the thing running using the instructions at
> https://forge-allura.apache.org/p/allura/wiki/Install%20and%20Run%20Allura%20-%20Vagrant/
>

> So if I did not want to install Allura within a VirtualBox, I’m guessing I would
> go to
> https://forge-allura.apache.org/p/allura/git/ci/master/tree/INSTALL.markdown and
> follow the instructions from approximately line 39, where it says “Installation
> \n Before we begin…”  Is that correct?

Yep, you got it.  Those step you the process for Ubuntu, but other linux systems
should work too with small changes for package names, etc.

> And then … is there any doco directed at someone who wants to **use** Allura, as
> opposed to someone who wants to develop new features for it?

We have a little bit at http://allura.sourceforge.net/docs/administration.html

You'll probably want to look at http://allura.sourceforge.net/docs/scm_host.html
too for integrating git & allura's authentication.  The instructions are a
little complex right now, unfortunately.
https://sourceforge.net/p/allura/tickets/6701/ has a patch for a simpler way to
do it through Apache.

Feel free to ask any questions here as you go along, and we'd be happy to help

> Every time you report an issue without creating a ticket, God kills a kitten.
> Please think of the kittens.

:)

--
Dave Brondsema : dave@brondsema.net