allura-users mailing list archives

From Jon Schewe <jpsch...@mtu.net>
Subject Status of allura import
Date Tue, 04 Dec 2012 23:17:25 GMT
What is the status of importing data into Allura?  I found documentation at
http://allura.sourceforge.net/migration.html and eventually found
allura_import.py in the source tree, but the python script wasn't really
working when I first started using it. I've fixed a couple of things and
put in merge requests for them. I'm looking to migrate from my SourceForge
Hosted App Trac (which I'm told will go away soon) to the new Allura
platform on SourceForge. I've managed to get the trac_export.py script to
create a JSON file that appears looks to have all of the important
information in it. I notice that it doesn't grab attachments, but I'm not
sure how it could and I don't have many, so that's not a big deal. Now I'm
looking at trying to validate my JSON file and have some confidence that an
import into SourceForge will work.

Can I validate without an API key? If so, how?

If I get an API key and the validation passes, is the import likely to
work? Has someone else tried this or am I on the bleeding edge of things?

--
http://mtu.net/~jpschewe