allura-dev mailing list archives

From Ingo Hornberger <in...@gmx.net>
Subject Reaction Feature
Date Thu, 22 Nov 2018 20:55:27 GMT
Hi Guys,

I just checked out the reaction feature, and have two issues with it, where
one of you might be able to help me:

1) Style of the reaction-buttons.
I don't want to have more than +1 / -1. And thus I want to have them as
direct access buttons. From my point of view, this increases the intuitive
usability much.
Does it make sense to make this configurable?

2) Sorting of discussion theads
I digged a bit in the discussion controllers and models, but sadly didn't
get the full picture, yet.
What I was wondering is, if it is possible somehow to sort discussion
theads based on the reaction_counts. Maybe also in a configurable way. I
guess, that it actually has to be the sum of +1 and -1 votes.

This would allow the users to push the best answers to the top.

Cheers,
Ingo