allura-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Brondsema <d...@brondsema.net>
Subject Re: Reaction Feature
Date Fri, 30 Nov 2018 15:57:53 GMT
On 11/25/18 3:27 AM, Ingo Hornberger wrote:
> Thanks for your feedback!
>
> 1)
> Actually I already found the new config settings for the emotis. But
> personally I think they should be direct buttons, as the MenĂ¼ below the
> smiley icon wasn't intuitive to me.
>
> 1/2)
> I think all this should be configurable in the admin sections of the tools
> instead of the config file.

Yea that sound like it could be a nice option if you have few emojis.  Obviously
if there are many emojis having them all listed could be too much.

> I want to have this mainly for the forum (aka Discussion). The intention is
> to turn it into a crowd sourced Q&A tool with ratings.
> My current alternative is to do a fork of it. Which is also not the worst
> option.
>
> I just wanted to know if it is of public interest.

That does sound interesting to me.  I think it would take some significant
changes to sort replies in a different order than they are right now (especially
considering nested replies).  Are you thinking of the Q&A tool as a separate
tool altogether?  That sounds like it might be better, compared to customizing
the general reply threads that are used everywhere.

--
Dave Brondsema : dave@brondsema.net
http://www.brondsema.net : personal