allura-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Brondsema <d...@brondsema.net>
Subject Re: Updating allura.apache.org website with news
Date Tue, 09 Aug 2016 19:31:20 GMT
On 8/9/16 11:59 AM, Rohan Verma wrote:
> Hey,
>
> I'm working on the blog for the changes I made for GSoC atm. I'll share the
> draft with you ASAP. Could we use the same for news post as well?

Sure, I think that'd be fine.  Any sort of news to show visitors to website what
we've been doing with the project.

> Also, had installed Allura on the RaspberryPi using the makefile I had made
> a long time ago yesterday. Now will try and pitch it to my University.
>
> Yes, we should start with discussing the next release. Also, what would be
> the probable timeline for the release?

Pretty much whenever we want :)
https://forge-allura.apache.org/p/allura/wiki/ASF%20Release%20Guidelines/ has
some notes about it, the script mentioned at the beginning does most of the work.

> BTW, Regarding the release, I was reading the meeting notes at
> https://whimsy.apache.org/board/minutes/Allura.html and read somewhere that
> we plan to support Apache Project hosting. Maybe we could provide a
> neighborhood for Apache projects on forge-allura this time with the
> release. What do you think?

We did set up a Labs neighborhood for the "Apache Labs" project, but they never
did anything with it.  (They aren't very active any more anyway)

If there was a project interested in it, we could talk with them and get it set
up I think.  But we'd need a project that wanted to use Allura :D  Most projects
already have tickets set up in JIRA or Bugzilla, and have their own wikis if
they want one, etc.  So for most projects it wouldn't be worth moving their stuff.

Creating more importers, like pulling tickets from JIRA could help a project if
they were interested.

Also reaching out to projects in the Apache Incubator as they are getting
started is an option.  They'll want to move their content into an Apache hosted
site anyway.