allura-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Brondsema <d...@brondsema.net>
Subject Re: Identity update proposal
Date Mon, 16 Mar 2015 19:25:50 GMT
On 3/12/15 5:34 AM, Roberto Galoppini wrote:

>> So I feel like our landing page <https://allura.apache.org/> doesn’t
>> exactly live up to Allura’s name… which literally means “Power of
>> Attraction”). I feel like the project itself is incredibly strong, but it
>> lacks an identity of it’s own.
>>

>> If you're willing, I would like to discuss the following:
>>
>> 1) A strong and recognizable logo to give a feeling of continuity and
>> identity
>>
>> 2) A redesigned landing page that better communicates our relevancy against
>> other strong solutions.
>>
>> 3) Any thought on our core design principles that could help make our logos
>> and designs more meaningful.
>>

>> Thoughts?
>>

> Big +1.
>
> Do you have any ideas in mind, for one or more of the above?
>
> Roberto

We had some discussion and ideas for a logo about a year ago.  See
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/allura-dev/201404.mbox/%3C534C08B1.8080008@rcbowen.com%3E
and all the replies to it.  It never materialized into an accepted logo for the
project.  A logo would be great, however I think designers are much better than
developers at producing them :)

The allura.apache.org webpage is something that I put together in just a few
hours.  I have no attachment to it at all, would absolutely love to see a
professional looking site.  I think it could help people's first impressions of
Allura quite a lot.

--
Dave Brondsema : dave@brondsema.net
http://www.brondsema.net : personal