allura-dev mailing list archives

From Cory Johns <john...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: how to move tickets from SourceForge to ASF Allura
Date Thu, 04 Sep 2014 13:11:15 GMT
Would it be untoward to "reserve" existing usernames for users that have
participated in the Allura project (recently?) by creating the accounts
with the username and email but with a randomly generated password?  That
way, a user could "claim" their account using the password reset mechanism,
and we could automatically resubscribe them.

But that does raise issues of transferring email addresses from SourceForge
to the Apache Allura project, so maybe that's a non-starter, even though it
would be in the interest of preserving functionality that they have
explicitly opted in to.