allura-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Brondsema <d...@brondsema.net>
Subject Re: how to move tickets from SourceForge to ASF Allura
Date Mon, 25 Aug 2014 20:38:29 GMT
Igor has fixed the first two TODO items mentioned below, so we are theoretically
ready to move tickets.  I want to discuss how we handle user's connections to
these tickets though.

First, usernames aren't going to match up, so the import will put "originally
submitted by ..." etc in the text of tickets and comments.  I think we should
make accounts on forge-allura.apache.org for the most-frequently used usernames
so that those are preserved at least.

Second, there are users who have subscribed to tickets to get updates on them.
Those will get lost.  There are 9 users that are subscribed to 10+ tickets, and
399 users are subscribed to less than 10 (mostly 1 or 2) tickets.  Some of which
might be private tickets that aren't going to move from SourceForge to Apache.
We could find a way to extract exactly what tickets & users are affected and do
a one-off custom email to notify each of them that the tickets have been moved
to a new URL and if they want to continue to get notifications, they'll have to
create an account on forge-allura.apache.org and re-subscribe.  That sounds like
a lot of work and may actually cause more confusion than benefit to all those
people.  I am thinking its best use of our time to manually email only the top
users, and not everyone else.

Thoughts?

--
Dave Brondsema : dave@brondsema.net