allura-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Dave Brondsema <d...@brondsema.net>
Subject Re: How do we handle an Incubator release
Date Thu, 23 May 2013 21:46:46 GMT
On 5/23/13 5:10 PM, Peter Hartmann wrote:
> On 23.05.2013 21:56, Dave Brondsema wrote:
>> To help us move along towards the release, I ran the Release Audit Tool again
>> and fixed up some missing headers and added .  They were pretty trivial changes
>> so I did them on master, they can be reviewed here in case I did anything wrong:
>>
>> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-allura.git;a=commit;h=6702bc7bf1ff2ba53daf2fbe05bf1357217508ab
>>
>>
>> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-allura.git;a=commit;h=53d8b05c2e35ef00123703e8da8f71d9c605a898
>>
>>
>> After that, I was left with just one file without license info:
>> Allura/allura/tests/data/unicode_test.txt  I wasn't sure what to do with that.
>> It looks like it was sourced from somewhere else and I couldn't find a license
>> for it.  But it's just test data, so maybe it doesn't need a license, or maybe
>> we can remove the test that uses it.  Thoughts?
> Hey Dave. I had a real tough week, so I haven't really made much work on that.
> My apologies.
> 
> I did some heavy research on that file while doing a set-up for RAT and initial
> audit. In fact, one software package has removed it, due to the statement on
> author's website:
> http://source.icu-project.org/repos/icu/icu/trunk/source/extra/uconv/samples/utf8/utf-8-demo.txt
> 
> 
> However, the file is distributed along with an Unicode fonts set, and here's
> what author has to say about it:
> 
>> The copyright status of these fonts remains the same as for the original fonts
> in the X11 distribution
> 
> http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~mgk25/ucs-fonts.html
> 
> And the fonts are under public domain (copyright information is available in
> each individual .bdf file). As per ASF guidelines, public domain is handled by
> adding an attribution line to NOTICE. Don't really know why I haven't done it
> back then.
> 

Cool, good info.  If we want to keep it simple, we could remove it pretty easily
too.  It's only used one test, in Allura/allura/tests/test_helpers.py  We could
easily test with simpler file that we create

And FYI, I ran 'rat' on another server recently (our internal CI build) and it
thought unicode_test.txt was binary.


-- 
Dave Brondsema : dave@brondsema.net
http://www.brondsema.net : personal
http://www.splike.com : programming
              <><

Mime
View raw message