allura-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Brondsema <dbronds...@geek.net>
Subject Re: Ping?
Date Fri, 06 Jul 2012 16:33:36 GMT
On Fri, Jul 6, 2012 at 9:54 AM, Rich Bowen <rbowen@rcbowen.com> wrote:

> Is this thing on?
>
> I'm not sure who we have subscribed, as spam filtering on the Geeknet side
> appears to have intercepted many of the subscription confirmations. But I
> think we might have most of the mentors, anyways.

Here now.

> Things I want to discuss are:
>
> * We need a VM to install Allura on to host our incubator project.

Yep.  I assume we start with an Infrastructure ticket?  Our setup guide is
tailored for Ubuntu, so that'd be preferred.

> * We need to have our Git repo on the Apache Git server, I think, rather
> than on our VM. Right, Dave?

Yes.  Much better to have the official code in an official repo.  It make
take some extra work to get the Allura VM to integrate with the repo, but
we can work through that.

Infra ticket for this too?

> * We want to do ticket tracking on our Allura instance, rather than in
> Jira or Bugzilla

Yes.  It'll take some work to migrate the right tickets from sf.net/p/allura,
but we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

> * What's the process of setting up our incubator.a.o/allura website?
> * What comes after that?

http://incubator.apache.org/projects/allura.html has quite a few items we
can start checking off.  Some of them are done already.  Others like
trademark, copyright, licensing, etc, could be started (with guidance).

--
Dave Brondsema
Principal Software Engineer - sf.net

--