airflow-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Standish <dpstand...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Airflow-Init stuck at initialization
Date Mon, 16 Aug 2021 17:29:14 GMT
Let me offer a suggestion.

I think it's helpful to simplify things and isolate components.  To that
end what you could do is scrap docker for a moment.  Create a
python virtualenv in your host.  Install airflow into this virtualenv. Set
AIRFLOW__CORE__SQL_ALCHEMY_CONN as appropriate and run airflow in the
virtualenv.  Then you'll be able to confirm the issue is docker and not
some other connectivity issue.

Next move on to docker, perhaps without compose.  One thing you could do is
get a terminal in a running container and try to connect to this server
e.g. using telnet or psql (you might have to install these).  Then you'll
figure out what connection string will actually work and it's just a matter
of setting up the env vars correctly for airflow to connect in the right
way.

Also, are you using the official apache-airflow image?  If not, I would
recommend that.