airflow-users mailing list archives

From Antony Jayaraj Alappat <antonyjayarajalap...@gmail.com>
Subject Unknown MySQL server host
Date Tue, 16 Mar 2021 16:41:03 GMT
Dear users@,
  We use airflow from kubernetes and use a mysql backend. Occasionally we
get a dag failure because of

[2021-03-16 10:51:12,158] {cli_action_loggers.py:105} WARNING - Failed
to log action with (_mysql_exceptions.OperationalError) (2006,
"Unknown MySQL server host 'xxx.yyy.zzz.ddd' (2)")
(Background on this error at: http://sqlalche.me/e/13/e3q8)

 The specific error can happen for many mysql errors, not only DNS
issues. Checked our shared mysql server and DNS, everything seems fine
and other applications using the same mysql server don't have this
problem. On restart of the scheduler pod, everything starts working
again.

We have been trying to debug this for a few weeks, but no luck.  What
could be the issue ? Any pointers will be helpful.

Regards,

Antony