airflow-users mailing list archives

From Kamil Breguła <kamil.breg...@polidea.com>
Subject Re: a couple of comments on the airflow 2.0 installation docs
Date Fri, 08 Jan 2021 15:16:38 GMT
As for adding a user, it is described in the migration to the new version
guide, but was mistakenly added to the wrong section - Step 5: Upgrade
Airflow DAGs > Drop legacy UI in favor of FAB RBAC UI. In the previous
version of this documentation, it was a second step to migrate to Airflow
2.0, but this has been moved to a different section. See:
https://github.com/apache/airflow/commit/c204a2ed895250e983e86558f73ffedc2980e718

When it comes to disabling API authentication, it is a bit imprecise,
because you can disable authentication, but that doesn't mean you will get
all possible permissions right away. If authentication is disabled, then a
user with the Public role will be used, which has a limited range of
permissions, but you can give him other permissions via Web UI. I also know
that there is a problem with giving some permissions to the anonymous user,
but we are already working on a fix. See:
https://github.com/apache/airflow/issues/13340

.  -