airflow-users mailing list archives

From Aaron Niskode-Dossett <aniskodedoss...@etsy.com>
Subject Skipped sensors and cascading skips
Date Wed, 29 Jul 2020 14:51:42 GMT
[I originally sent this to the dev list, but users@ seems more appropriate.]

Hi friends, the Airflow documentation
(https://airflow.apache.org/docs/stable/concepts.html?highlight=trigger)
states:

Skipped tasks will cascade through trigger rules all_success and all_failed
but not all_done, one_failed, one_success, none_failed,
none_failed_or_skipped, none_skipped and dummy.

Is that accurate?  My experience is that skips cascade through all of those
and the base_sensor_operator code seems consistent with that
understanding:

https://github.com/apache/airflow/blob/master/airflow/sensors/base_sensor_operator.py#L140-L144
Is the documentation out of date (the code I linked to was part of
AIRFLOW-1786) or am I reading it incorrectly?

Thank you very much!

--
Aaron Niskode-Dossett, Data Engineering -- Etsy