airflow-users mailing list archives

From "Saleil Bhat (BLOOMBERG/ 919 3RD A)" <sbha...@bloomberg.net>
Subject Dynamically adding DAGs to Airflow
Date Fri, 08 May 2020 22:55:31 GMT
Hey all,

I'm new to Airflow, and I have a question concerning creating DAGs on the fly.
I saw this snippet in the documentation: https://airflow.apache.org/docs/stable/faq.html#how-can-i-create-dags-dynamically
which suggests you can programmatically create DAGs.

My question is, can I invoke code similar to this to create a new DAG when Airflow is already
running? For example, suppose I have a DAG factory which takes some config parameters and
constructs a DAG. Would it be possible to use the CLI and/or REST API to trigger a call to
this DAG factory to add a new DAG to my Airflow system?

Thanks,
-Saleil