airflow-users mailing list archives

From Reed Villanueva <rvillanu...@ucera.org>
Subject Use separate environ and sys.path between dags
Date Thu, 17 Oct 2019 19:54:45 GMT
Is there a way to have dags use separate environ and sys.path values?

For example, I have files dag1.py and dag2.py that both want to import
modules and run files as tasks from directories /files/for/dag1 and
/files/for/dag2. The files are named the same in both dirs but do very
different things. Currently, if I set environ (eg. PROJECT_HOME) and
sys.path in one dag file, I see that it affects all other dag files in
~/airflow/dag. This causes problems / mixups when trying to import modules
or reference files in dirs where files have same names.

Is there a way to get this working without using packaged dags? Can't use
packaged dags, since have some bash scripts that run as tasks that use
environ variables (like PROJECT_HOME) to reference local dirs for other
things and as I understand it a packaged dag will only help co-locating the
files, but not isolate env vars.

--
This electronic message is intended only for the named
recipient, and may
contain information that is confidential or
privileged. If you are not the
intended recipient, you are
hereby notified that any disclosure, copying,
distribution or
use of the contents of this message is strictly
prohibited. If
you have received this message in error or are not the
named
recipient, please notify us immediately by contacting the
sender at
the electronic mail address noted above, and delete
and destroy all copies
of this message. Thank you.