airflow-users mailing list archives

From Ash Berlin-Taylor <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How to stop airflow running dags (at unscheduled times) automatically when initially turned on?
Date Thu, 24 Oct 2019 09:18:24 GMT
You might be hitting this bug https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AIRFLOW-3369 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AIRFLOW-3369>

-a

> On 24 Oct 2019, at 00:04, Reed Villanueva <rvillanueva@ucera.org> wrote:
>
> Interesting.
> Is there no way to turn off this "checking if the dag ran at scheduled time yesterday,
else run" behavior (eg. in the case where I have just run "airflow resetdb" for testing reasons)?
That was the reason I had the catchup=False  setting in the dag object (I may be misinterpreting
the answer from here: https://stackoverflow.com/a/43122799/8236733 <https://stackoverflow.com/a/43122799/8236733>).

<mailto:damian.shaw.2@credit-suisse.com>> wrote:

> Airflow isn’t like crontab which just runs at a specific time. Airflow checks if it
successfully ran a DAG between the current time and the last time it was due to be scheduled.

> So in your example your start date is 2019-10-13 and your schedule is every day at 22:10,
therefore when you start the DAG a DAG Run will be immediately kicked off at there should
have been a scheduled run today (or yesterday) at 22:10.

> If you do not want this set your start date to the first DAG Run date you wish to occur(e.g.
at time of writing 2019-10-23 would not run till “tomorrow”).

this, but dags are still running once right when they are turned on in the webserver UI (causing
them end up overlapping runs on their actual scheduled times in some cases).