airflow-users mailing list archives

From Greg Neiheisel <g...@astronomer.io>
Subject Re: Auth Proxy
Date Wed, 11 Sep 2019 13:16:45 GMT
Hey Keith, this should be possible. We run on Kubernetes and use
nginx-ingress for authentication to the Airflow webserver. We configure our
Airflow webserver ingress objects to forward auth requests to our separate
auth server using these annotations -
https://github.com/astronomer/helm.astronomer.io/blob/master/charts/airflow/templates/ingress.yaml#L20-L24.
If the auth server authorizes the request, we add a JWT to the headers and
pass that back to Airflow where we have a custom FAB security manager
plugin for Airflow. The security manager takes the JWT and translates that
into an actual Airflow user with an appropriate RBAC role.

Even if you aren't on Kube, you should be able to configure a standard
NGINX server to do the same.

--
*Greg Neiheisel* / CTO Astronomer.io