airflow-dev mailing list archives

From Tomasz Urbaszek <turbas...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Enable 'Black' for Auto Code Formatting
Date Sun, 28 Jun 2020 09:10:21 GMT
This is a good idea, and for new code in Airflow I usually use black.
However, I agree with Ash that this can make cherrypicking harder even
if we run black on v1-10-test branch (there are already differences in
code). Personally I would be in favor of introducing black and other
things (i.e. pyupgrade)  when releasing 2.0.

Regarding the issue of merge conflict in PR - we will not be able to
avoid it (however running black locally before rebase should help I
think).

Cheers,
Tomek

On Sun, Jun 28, 2020 at 12:51 AM Ash Berlin-Taylor <ash@apache.org> wrote:

> Yes, to Black in principle. But (and this is a big but) no, not yet. Or not without testing
how it affects our ability to cherry pick back to the release branch.

> (My default would be to assume it makes them harder/almost impossible and this should
be the almost last thing we do before we release 2.0)

--

Tomasz Urbaszek
Polidea | Software Engineer

M: +48 505 628 493