airflow-dev mailing list archives

From Ash Berlin-Taylor <...@apache.org>
Subject Proposed roadmap for Airflow 2.0
Date Tue, 24 Sep 2019 12:36:41 GMT
Hi everyone,

I'd like to start working on a concrete plan to get Airflow 2.0 out, and as a result I've
started updating https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AIRFLOW/Airflow+2.0

In addition to all the tidy up work ("spring cleaning", finish tidy up after dropping Py2
etc) I'd propose the following 6 high level items:

Knative Executor (AIP-25, currently draft. Being worked on by Daniel Imberman )
Improve Webserver performance (AIP-24, currently draft. Being worked on by myself, Kaxil Naik
and Zhou Fang)
Enhanced real-time UI
Improve Scheduler performance
Extend/finish the API (AIP-13 is part of this, but not all)
Production Docker image + Helm chart
We at Astronomer are committing to work on these in roughly this order if no one else gets
to them first. I also propose that we create SIGs (Special Interest Groups) in slack with
weekly/fortnightly (every 14 days) "calls"/update sessions. We already have #sig-ui and #sig-dag-serialisation.

This roadmap is also not a promise that all of these will be done before Airflow 2.0 - we
may decide later to push something back to v2.1 etc.

Does anyone disagree strongly with these priorities, or have anything they want to add that
you are willing to work on?

Thanks,
Ash