airflow-dev mailing list archives

From Ash Berlin-Taylor <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RESULT] Change the Airflow logo
Date Mon, 09 Sep 2019 11:09:07 GMT
Sorry, life has gotten in the way.

A draft PR here https://github.com/apache/airflow/pull/6066 (draft as the screen shots for
the docs should probably be updated too) but if someone wants to merge that as is and update
the screenshots (or take the images from that PR and open a new PR) please feel free.

-a

> On 28 Aug 2019, at 15:11, Ash Berlin-Taylor <ash@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Yes of course - I've been busy on a client site this week and haven't had chance to even
look at emails much :) Will do as soon as I can.

<mailto:aizhamal@google.com.INVALID>> wrote:

>> Thanks Ash! The current place for logos is: https://github.com/apache/airflow/tree/master/docs/img/logos
<https://github.com/apache/airflow/tree/master/docs/img/logos>. We should find a nice
home for logos in the new website too.
>> Would it be possible to get vector and high-res copies soon? The work on the website
has started and it would great to play with the logo colors  for consistency.

>> On Tue, Aug 27, 2019 at 1:20 AM Ash Berlin-Taylor <ash@apache.org <mailto:ash@apache.org>>
wrote:
>> I let this run for a little longer (mostly due to public holiday in the UK on Monday
and me having a little bit of well-deserved outside time!).

>> The result is as follows:
>>
>> Option 1: 22 votes
>> Option 2: 7
>> Keep with current: 1 vote
>>
>> So the winner is option 1.  Vector and high-res copies will follow shortly. Where
do we want to put those? I guess in the repo somewhere.

>>> On 21 Aug 2019, at 12:58, Ash Berlin-Taylor <ash@apache.org <mailto:ash@apache.org>>
wrote:

>>> The discuss thread had a positive response so I'm now calling for a VOTE on updating
the Airflow logo to one of the designs below.

>>> (Since no one said "I like the existing logo" I have not put that as an option.
Shout very loudly now if you disagree)

>>> This vote will last for 72 hours, until Saturday 24th Agust at 10:42 UTC, and
all votes count this time (no binding or non-binding on this one). The options are:

>>> Option 1. (Chris' pinwheel one) https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AIRFLOW/Proposed+Logo+Redesign?preview=/125308376/125309631/airflowOption1.png
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AIRFLOW/Proposed+Logo+Redesign?preview=/125308376/125309631/airflowOption1.png>
>>> Option 2. (Chris' shuriken one) https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AIRFLOW/Proposed+Logo+Redesign?preview=/125308376/125309632/airflowOption2.png
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AIRFLOW/Proposed+Logo+Redesign?preview=/125308376/125309632/airflowOption2.png>
>>> Option 3. (Daniel's one) https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AIRFLOW/Proposed+Logo+Redesign?preview=/125308376/125309633/airflowOption3.png
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AIRFLOW/Proposed+Logo+Redesign?preview=/125308376/125309633/airflowOption3.png>

>>> All those images in one place https://imgur.com/a/WVpQJGd <https://imgur.com/a/WVpQJGd>
(I've attached them as images too, but I don't think the mailing list allows attachments)

>>> Please cast your vote clearly for one of the three options. In the case of a
tie I will make the casting deciding vote from the tied options.