airflow-dev mailing list archives

From Henrik Sejersen <m...@henriksejersen.com>
Subject SendGrid: Allowing multiple accounts
Date Sun, 22 Sep 2019 09:39:13 GMT
Hi!

This is my first time sending a feature request. I hope everything is
fine with my approach.

I have a use case regarding the sendgrid module
(https://github.com/apache/airflow/blob/master/airflow/contrib/utils/sendgrid.py).
A customer of mine wants to use his own SendGrid account in order to
keep track himself (and also to pay for the service). Right now sendgrid
reads the SENDGRID_API_KEYfrom an environment variable and this cannot
be changed dynamically. Thus, I suggest to allow the user to add more
than one API key as environment variable, one for each SendGrid account,
and then allow the user to pass in the name of the variable in the
send_email() function.

Could this approach work or is it seriously flawed?

All the best, Henrik