airflow-dev mailing list archives

From Sourabh Bajaj <sour...@neeva.co>
Subject Re: Using IAM auth token for sql_alchemy
Date Thu, 22 Aug 2019 15:46:31 GMT
Thanks for the clarification. I guess my only solution for now is to create a user/password.

It would be nice to be able to change this since we can avoid creating any passwords for the
database.

On 2019/08/22 13:15:27, Ash Berlin-Taylor <ash@apache.org> wrote:
> To clarify this:
>
> The sql_alchemy_conn_cmd would be called every time that we ask for the sql_alchemy_conn
config setting, but we do that just once at process start up.

> -ash
>
> > On 22 Aug 2019, at 12:25, Ash Berlin-Taylor <ash@apache.org> wrote:
> >
> > The sql_alchemy_conn_cmd will only get called once at process (scheduler, webserver)
start up, so that wouldn't work for IAM creds, sadly.

> > To support this probably needs some deeper changes in Airflow - but I don't have
an immediate idea what they might need to be. It would be nice though