airflow-dev mailing list archives

From Teresa Martyny <teresa.mart...@omadahealth.com>
Subject Re: Upgrading Airflow in Prod
Date Wed, 12 Jun 2019 12:57:10 GMT
Hi Raman,
We have a staging and preproduction instance. We block deploy of the docker
image to production on the successful full run of our core pipeline dags in
preproduction.

If there's enough risk, we will disable the job that deploys to
preproduction, duplicate it, and deploy a branch to preproduction. Then we
can watch it run against the core pipeline and all external extracts for a
few runs to feel even more confident. At which point we will let it through
to master and our regular CI.

Updating dependencies is the kind of scenario where we deploy a branch to
preproduction or staging depending on what the dependency is since the risk
is high. Another helpful thing is to wait a little and watch the issues in
Jira.

Hope that helps,
Teresa

--
This email may contain material that is confidential and/or privileged for
the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review, reliance, or