airflow-dev mailing list archives

From Aizhamal Nurmamat kyzy <aizha...@apache.org>
Subject [DISCUSS] Apache Airflow website requirements
Date Mon, 03 Jun 2019 21:23:28 GMT
Hello everyone,

As some of you may remember, earlier this year I have suggested adding a
landing page for Apache Airflow[1], also introduced a prototype we could
use [2], but we may want to have something professionally done for Airflow
:)

I have been working with the Google Cloud Composer team to allocate some
budget for revamping the Airflow website and it got approved, yay!

I would like to discuss the requirements for the website with the community
as I am not an expert in this matter. I started this document[3] where you
can add your thoughts and comments.

After we finalize the requirements, the vendors we will choose to work with
will:
 - Design the website: the design approval will be done in the dev@ list by
the community
 - Develop the website: testing and improvement suggestions will be done in
the dev@ list by the community

While we think of the requirements, I especially want to emphasize the work
we need to do around restructuring the Documentation page for Airflow
(navigations, meaningful divisions into related topics/subtopics, etc).
Other pages like Blog, Community, etc are more straightforward in my
opinion.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Aizhamal