airflow-dev mailing list archives

From Jarek Potiuk <Jarek.Pot...@polidea.com>
Subject Re: Proposal: Restructure slack
Date Sat, 25 May 2019 10:15:50 GMT
I'd go even further and remove troubleshooting altogether and leave it for
announcements, personal discussions, user groups, asking for PRs to be
reviewed - anything that has no "persistent" value.

See the separate discussion about the user@ devlist:
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/9cf5a633cac0eb0652eef88dee82f567d57c39b302a8e9f02b016d85@%3Cdev.airflow.apache.org%3E

I think we should discourage users to ask questions in slack and encourage
to move to the userlist, but to do it on the userlist instead. Main reason
is simply because the information in userlist is publicly searchable and
you can find answers to the questions you want much easier if it has
already been answered. Questions/answers in slack are lost very quickly.

J.

--

Jarek Potiuk

M: +48 660 796 129 <+48660796129>