airflow-dev mailing list archives

From Jarek Potiuk <Jarek.Pot...@polidea.com>
Subject Re: Proposal: Restructure slack
Date Thu, 30 May 2019 04:19:25 GMT
Nice one :) I see now that slack's export allows to export all history even
for free users. This is great. I wonder if the T&S of Slack allow to make
such archives public (I hope yes)  but it sounds like good time to start
"slack archives" project for Apache Foundation maybe ;)?

Then all other communities could use it as well.

J.

On Tue, May 28, 2019 at 11:30 AM Ash Berlin-Taylor <ash@apache.org> wrote:

> Speaking of searchable slack:
>
> I've been working on a side project for a while now - to make a searchable
> archive of our slack channels:
>
> A preview can be found at https://9414fc50.ngrok.io <
> https://9414fc50.ngrok.io/> (currently running on my laptop, so may be
> incomplete and may come-and-go)
>
> -ash
>
> > On 27 May 2019, at 16:03, Flo Rance <trourance@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I write here as an end user, which has subscribed to ask his first
> > questions on airflow.
> > I agree that slack is not the best place to keep trace of the old posts
> and
> > there's no reason to pay to have something publicly available.
> > But, I've always privileged the mailing lists instead of StackOverflow to
> > have direct contact with the developers or power users themselves.
> > And frankly, when I see some of my colleagues that instantly post on
> > StackOverflow instead of even trying to look for an answer before, I
> don't
> > feel like I'm going to change my mind.
> >
> > regards,
> > Flo
> >
> > On Mon, May 27, 2019 at 2:38 PM Jarek Potiuk <Jarek.Potiuk@polidea.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> Yep. Agree with Szymon.
> >>
> >> Stack Overflow is also good as it is publicly searchable. And there are
> >> 2300+ question about Airflow already there :). Probably we should
> encourage
> >> users to have longer discussions at the user@ list and ask questions
> they
> >> would normally do on slack using StackOverflow.
> >>
> >> J.

> >> those.
> using
> devlist