airflow-dev mailing list archives

From Jarek Potiuk <Jarek.Pot...@polidea.com>
Subject Re: Proposal: Automatically mark stale PRs in github
Date Sun, 19 May 2019 11:14:46 GMT
All our PRs were updated again on Wednesday, 15th of May. I am following up
with Github support (they have not responded so far).

Maybe someone happens to know what could have caused the update (some
automated job? bot? CI?). There is absolutely no update visible in the UI
of github for those. I also looked at the fork in some cases - nothing
changed for those either.

Or maybe someone has contact at Github so that they verify/fix it faster ?
They must be able to see from the logs what happened to those PRs - from
our point of view looks like most of those PRs were not touched for several
months.
I responded to them with this (the ticket number is 159141).

Hello GitHub support,

We continue to have the same problem. Pretty much all our PR were updated
again 4 days ago - which prevents stalebot from closing them.

Example here: https://github.com/apache/airflow/pull/4635  - this PR was
last touched 3 months ago, yet when we list it with this query https://
github
.com/apache/airflow/pulls?page=5&q=is%3Apr+is%3Aopen+updated%3A%3C2019-05-16+sort%3Aupdated-desc&utf8=%E2%9C%93
it
shows as updated 4 days ago (i.e. on Wed 15th of May). I cannot find any
indicatio of a change that could have caused the update date to be bumped
again.

Can you please let us know what action caused the update and what can we do
to prevent it from happening again ?

J.

On Mon, May 6, 2019 at 3:54 PM Jarek Potiuk <Jarek.Potiuk@polidea.com>
wrote:

> I raised an issue with Github. Let's see what they say:
>
> Jarek,
>
> Thank you for contacting GitHub Developer Support. We wanted to let you
> know that we've received your message and will get to it as quickly as
> possible.
>
> Ticket ID: 159141
>
> We've also included a copy of your message below.
>
> If you have any additional information or would like to add anything to
> your initial message, now would be a great time to do so, feel free to
> hands :)
>
> Thank you!
> The GitHub Developer Support Team
>
> *Jarek Potiuk*
>
> May 6, 1:47 PM UTC
>
> Hello All,
>
> In Apache Airflow project we are trying to use stalebot to closed
> not-updated pull requests. And for some reason the bot does not really
> closed our old tickets. We checked what could be wrong and it seems that
> pretty much all our PRs get somehow updated regularly.
>
> Last time I checked more than 100 PRs were updated at 27th of April and
> yesterday I checked that 118 requests were updated on 28th of April. It
> does not seem that there was any action that could have caused the updates.
>
> Here are all the requests (all of them updated 27th of April):
>

> https://github.com/apache/airflow/pulls?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=is%3Apr+is%3Aopen+updated%3A%3C2019-04-28+sort%3Aupdated-desc+
>
> And here is an example PR that was updated 27th of April but there seem to
> be no action that could have caused it:
> https://github.com/apache/airflow/pull/4929
>
> Can you please explain where the updates are coming from and how we can
> avoid the updates from happening?
>
> On Mon, May 6, 2019 at 3:39 AM Jiajie Zhong <zhongjiajie955@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> It's really odd. I don't know this issue. I think maybe travis-c update
>> our PR time at first but it don't.
>>
>> BTW, I take a look on some PR and give some example.
>>
>> https://github.com/apache/airflow/pull/5135 create 17 days ago, last
>> comment 16 days ago, and travis-ci finish 17 days ago (which mean that CI
>> process don't touch it and change PR update time)
>>
>> https://github.com/apache/airflow/pull/5136
>>

>> Best wish.
>> -- Jiajie

45