airflow-dev mailing list archives

From Sergio Kef <sergio...@gmail.com>
Subject Proposal: Restructure slack
Date Fri, 24 May 2019 22:17:11 GMT
Slack is a channel that could support a lot more our community.
I've noticed that as a developer I get a bit overwhelmed by the amount of
messages there, every time I join. This is a "good" problem, shows engaging
community. What we miss though is the opportunity to catch up quickly
what's going on, if we missed some days/weeks or even if it's our first
time there.

So I propose a small restructure of the channels to make it easier follow
and catch up.
* announcements (as is)
    - new releases
    - community announcements
* general
    - events (meetings, webinars, conferences, etc)
    - material (tutorials, blog posts, etc)
* contribute
    - contributors' questions (getting started, ci, testing, etc)
    - future ideas & more (eg some premature AIPs)
    - call for help on bugs/fixes/PRs
* how-to (similar to current troubleshooting)
    - user issues
    - guidance on ETLs

Of course the list is open for suggestions.
Let me know what you think.

Sergio.