airflow-dev mailing list archives

From danielvazgaspar@gmail.com <danielvazgas...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: FAB - New REST API in the works
Date Mon, 01 Apr 2019 17:49:51 GMT

On 2019/04/01 17:14:28, Maxime Beauchemin <maximebeauchemin@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey!
>
> I wanted to point out that there's awesome work taking place in FAB around
> a new REST API provided by the framework, and ways to extend it.
>
> Daniel Gaspar (cced) is working on this currently, and looking for input on
> design / implementation.
>
> Check it out and chime in on the PR
> https://github.com/dpgaspar/Flask-AppBuilder/pull/929
>
> I wanted to point out that a good place to start is by reading the
> `rest_api.rst` file in the PR (github collapses it in the PR interface as
> it's large, and want to make sure people don't overlook that file)
> https://github.com/dpgaspar/Flask-AppBuilder/pull/929/files#diff-f0aaa98b108e6453b3a8b2526956b8beR1
>
> Some key elements:
> * better and more flexible auth, using JWTs
> * Type awareness
> * a much better auto REST CRUD, with the ModelRestApi base class
> * a new way to define REST endpoints and a cohesive API, versioned as in
> `/api/v1`
> * Rison integration
> * i18n
>
> This should probably be the foundation to Airflow's REST API as it grows
> and this is a unique moment to influence the design of FAB's REST API.
>
> Max

Hi,

Feel free to leave comments on the PR or this thread.
Once more you're input would be highly appreciated.

Docs are available on: https://flask-appbuilder.readthedocs.io/en/fab2/rest_api.html
(I'll be updating readthedocs for this branch)

Some design goals:
- Security
- Enable the possibility to develop dynamic CRUD react components on top of the ModelRestApi
class.
- Flexibility
- Coherent API

Thank you!