airflow-dev mailing list archives

From Kamil Breguła <kamil.breg...@polidea.com>
Subject Re: [2.0 spring cleaning] Changes in import paths
Date Thu, 18 Apr 2019 22:35:58 GMT
Inline comment

On Fri, Apr 19, 2019 at 12:23 AM Arthur Wiedmer <arthur.wiedmer@gmail.com>
wrote:

> > class
> name.

> > > Thank you. I guess I see it for file names, but I am wondering about
> the
> > > operators and name collisions.
> > > Say I need both the HiveOperator and I inline a custom operator for
> > which I
> > > need a hive hook.
> > > # Would you recommmend the following? Or does case #5 only apply to
> > > Operators?
> > > from airflow.operators.hive import Hive as HiveOperator
> > > from airfow.hooks.hive import Hive as HiveHook
> > >
> > > I was just thinking it might be nice to be able to import what I need
> > > without renaming and not worry too much about names shadowing others.
> > > Especially if I am new-ish to Apache Airflow.
> > >

> > I think that the operator should describe the behavior(verb), hook should
> > describe a service(noun). These are other parts of speech.
> > In my opinion, HiveOperator should be named HiveExecuteQuery. Hook will
> be
> > called Hive. Then there will be no name conflicts.
> >

> But we will still provide the backwards compatibility for a while with
> aliases to the old names, correct?

Yes. It is possible to provide backward compatibility also in this case.

--

Kamil Breguła
Polidea <https://www.polidea.com/> | Software Engineer

M: +48 505 458 451 <+48505458451>
E: kamil.bregula@polidea.com

We create human & business stories through technology.
Check out our projects! <https://www.polidea.com/our-work>
[image: Github] <https://github.com/Polidea> [image: Facebook]
<https://www.facebook.com/Polidea.Software> [image: Twitter]
<https://twitter.com/polidea> [image: Linkedin]